Have you noticed that your hearing isn’t quite what it used to be? Are any of the following statements true for you?
- I have trouble hearing over the telephone.
- I find it hard to follow conversations when two or more people are talking.
- I often have to ask people to repeat what they are saying.
- I need to turn the TV volume up so loud that others complain.
- I have a trouble hearing when there is a lot of background noise.
- I think that others seem to mumble a lot.
If you answered yes to one or more of the questions in this list of hearing loss symptoms adapted from the National Institutes of Health, you should see your doctor to discuss your concerns. You may need a hearing aid.